Create serenity with the beauty of a framed Seahorse from U-Paint® Metal Crafts with your favorite decorative paper.
- Seahorse by U-Paint®Metal Crafts
- Rustic square frame with some depth (8”x 8”)
- Decorative sea life paper (8”x 8”)
- A few dimensional adhesive foam dots
- A plastic lid or plate to accommodate Seahorse
- Table salt
- Matte acrylic spray sealer
- Paper towels
- Clean the Seahorse with hot soapy water to remove protective oils. Do not dry.
- Place the wet Seahorse onto the plastic lid or plate.
- Cover the Seahorse with table salt. See Step #3 below.
- Set the Seahorse aside for several days to promote rusting. Add a few drops of water next to the Seahorse so the salt absorbs the water to keep the Seahorse moist for a good rust.
- After a few days, you will see a rusty discoloration. Rinse the Seahorse with water to remove the salt. Do not scrub. Just rinse.
- Allow Seahorse to dry on paper towel. This is when you actually see the rust. Trust the process. See Step #6 below.
- Seal both the front and back of the Seahorse with a matte acrylic spray sealer. Allow to dry.
- Insert the decorative sea life paper to the back of the rustic frame.
- Apply the dimensional adhesive foam dots to the back of the Seahorse. You want the Seahorse to appear floating.
- Adhere the Seahorse to the desired position on the decorative paper.
A Closer Look:
Display your framed Seahorse by the seashore.